On Thursday, December 2nd, come join developers from around the world for a one-day, live-streamed event focused on lighting up your skills on Silverlight. The Silverlight Firestarter is a FREE online event that brings together some of the top minds on Silverlight to share their insights on Silverlight, answer your questions and deepen your knowledge and understanding of this powerful development platform as a whole. From the Silverlight Firestarter site, the description of this event is simple:
- An Event. A one-day, global, live-streamed and on-demand event keynoted by Scott Guthrie.
- Training. New self-paced labs and walk-through videos.
- Interactive. Watch live and ask the Silverlight product team questions during the event.
I love the concept of a Firestarter because it’s got something for everyone; whether you’re a seasoned expert looking for tips & tricks or you’re a developer looking to get started. Firestarters are designed to spark the creative fire within all of us to build something awesome with the technologies being discussed. These events are great for developers like me, especially when I’m feeling a little tired after working long hours on bugs, documentation, or ancillary-yet-necessary aspects of my software development process. Often, what’s needed at times like these is a little boost – a mental shot-in-the-arm, if you will – to be inspired, build something awesome and push the boundaries of what I think to be possible. That’s exactly what these events are all about.
The agenda and speaker line-up includes some of the best and brightest in the Silverlight space:
- Silverlight Firestarter Keynote by Scott Guthrie
- Building Compelling Apps with WCF Using REST and LINQ for Silverlight and WP7 by Yavor Georgiev / Jesse Liberty
- Building Feature Rich Business Apps Today with RIA Services by Dan Wahlin
- MVVM: Why and How? Tips and Patterns using MVVM and Service Patterns with Silverlight and WP7 by John Papa
- Silverlight Today and Tomorrow (Special Guest Panel)
- Building Real World Silverlight Apps by Tim Heuer
- Tune Your Application: Profiling and Performance Tips by Mike Cook and Jossef Goldberg
- Killer Performance Tips for Silverlight Windows Phone 7 by Jaime Rodriguez
For a more detailed agenda – including start times – please check out the Silverlight Firestarter site.
The Silverlight Firestarter kicks off at 8 AM (Pacific) and runs right through to 5 PM (Pacific). Now, if you can’t attend, that’s totally cool too! You’ll be able to watch the entire event on-demand! This will give you the opportunity to learn at your own pace and when the time is right for you. Also, keep fueling the fire by going deeper or by getting others involved. For example, share these sessions with members of your development team, discuss them and then follow up your group’s collective learning through some of the many learning videos we have available at http://www.silverlight.net/learn/. The Silverlight site is an awesome repository of “developer goodness” for folks looking to learn more about Silverlight and the tools used to build amazing applications with this technology.
See you at the Silverlight Firestarter!